Pendants lighting is so en vogue at the moment! While pendant lights have been around for quite some time, there are many beautiful new styles and types on the market to choose from, and fresh new designs coming out all the time. So how do you know if pendant lighting is right for your space, and how do you choose the right fixtures? This handy guide has the answer.
How to Choose the Perfect Pendant Light
There are at least 5 factors that you should take into consideration when deciding on the perfect pendant lighting for the space in the home or studio that you are decorating. Keep these in mind, and you’ll be sure to make the right choice for you:
- The size and scale of the room. A large room with high ceilings allows for large dramatic shapes, whereas smaller spaces call for a more minimalist approach. Practicality also comes into play when there is more space and a larger area to light up.
- The type of fitting that best compliments the space. You don’t want to overshadow your space, nor do you want to go with a style that is so subtle it goes unnoticed. Keep in mind the area that you want to focus on the most and to scale your choice according to that area in particular.
- How much lighting the space needs. If you just want the light to be focused downward on a certain area, opt for opaque shades made out of ceramic or metals. For a brighter look that lights up the room, clearer shades made of glass will do the trick.
- How focused do you want the lighting to be. For the same reason, consider whether you want the bulb to be recessed so that no light escapes the top of the lamp, or exposed bulbs that brighten up the space above as well.
- The aesthetic you are striving for. Last but most certainly not least, the overall look and style and how it ties into the colour scheme and general theme.
The Best Placement for Your Pendant Lighting
While they’re most often associated with kitchen lighting, well-placed pendants can be a charming addition to any room in your home. Kitchen islands and breakfast bars look warm and inviting, while pendants suspended over the bed as reading lamps have more dramatic appeal. It’s true that pendants are generally found in odd numbers, and sets of three, such as over dining room tables or kitchen counters, but you don’t need to stick to this convention if your space is not a standard length.
Check Out Lightco’s Range of Stylish Pendant Lights
Did you know that Lightco stocks an extensive range of trendy pendant lights to suit any room or space? Whether it’s aesthetic or functionality you’re after, we’ve got the right lighting solution for your needs. Get in touch to find out how we can deliver your most ideal lighting solution.